Schoolwear Specialists since 1883

About Us

WHC shop fronts

White Hall Clothiers has a long and varied history, the first recorded store was in York Road (Battersea) in 1880.  We can trace our Camberwell roots as far back as 1888, when the tailor Joseph Hepworth opened a branch of “J Hepworth & Son” (a company which later went on to become “Next”).  This then became Lance Miller before White Hall Clothing took over in 1905.  Over the years many other stores were opened across the country, from Penge to Exeter.

Unfortunately, the shop at 73 The Promenade, Camberwell Gate, was destroyed in an air raid during World War Two, and as a result, we moved a few doors along to 77 Camberwell Road, where we have been ever since…

We haven’t always only been a schoolwear shop – as well as uniforms, between the 1950s to 1980s WHC was a leading fashion retailer, most associated with selling Lacoste, Sergio Tacchini, Fila, Farrah, Diadora, Ben Sherman, Gabicci.

We now supply uniforms to schools across London.